Despite the fact that the risks of existing and soon to be installed wireless antennas and equipment are rarely discussed in U.S. media, a plethora of resources on a variety of related topics exist. We are listing a selection of those resources below. Please note that this website is a work in progress, and that new topics and resources will be linked to here on a continuous basis.
The information provided here was gathered by Maryland residents and is publicly available on the internet. Content is intended as a starting point to inform you of 5G, small cell deployment, EMF risks and the un-democratic dynamics impacting our communities around the country and the world. We encourage you to do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and act accordingly to protect yourself and those you love.
- New Action Alert Posted 9/1/2022: URGENT: 2 CLICKS TODAY to Stop a New Bill on Cell Towers In Front Of Homes
- MocoSafeG.org: a group of residents who value safer technology, safer internet access and safer cell phone service for people who people who live, work, shop or visit in Montgomery County, MD. We value wired and fiber technology infrastructure where available. We encourage critical thinking about how 4G and 5G cell antennas, cell poles and cell towers have been and will be placed in environments where human life, animal life and plant life co-exist.
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Control of Cell Towers (MC4T.org): fighting for fair, transparent, and accurate regulation of cell poles and cell towers to minimize adverse impacts to surrounding land uses, respect the harmony and aesthetic character of the communities,and protect the safety of all residents.
- Montgomery County Coalition To Protect Neighborhoods From 5G Cell Towers
- Small Cells in Montgomery County Blog: The latest cell tower/Montgomery County news and action alerts to oppose cell towers being placed in front of our homes.
- Sustainable Technology Action Fund
Non-Profit and News Organizations That Are Organizing Calls to Action and That Provide Extensive Resources on Their Websites:
- Americans for Responsible Technology (americansforresponsibletech.org)
- 5GCrisis.com (A project of Americans for Responsible Technology)
- BroadBand International Legal Action Network (BBILAN) offers a PATH to FIND WISE and BALANCED SOLUTIONS for the Global Challenges of Over-Exposure to Electromagnetic Field Radiation. Our goal is to build a safe and resilient 21st Century Critical Infrastructure here on Earth and in Outer Space. The field is alive with technological innovations that require new and compassionate ways to think and act that address the deepest concerns of humanity. (www.bbilan.org)
- California Brain Tumor Association
- emfscientist.org –The International EMF Scientist Appeal serves as a credible and influential voice from EMF (electromagnetic field) scientists who are urgently calling upon the United Nations and its sub-organizations, the WHO and UNEP, and all U.N. Member States, for greater health protection on EMF exposure.
- Environmental Health Trust – a nonprofit that carries out high-level critical research on controllable environmental health hazards and works directly with local communities and policy makers to understand and mitigate these hazards through research, education, and advocacy. (ehtrust.org)
- Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) – is on the front lines of the major privacy and civil liberties debates. EPIC has important work to do on artificial intelligence, face surveillance, data protection, and election security, among many other issues. (EPIC.org)
- INTERNATIONAL APPEAL Stop 5G on Earth and in Space – About This International Appeal – The signatories to this Appeal are scientists, doctors and environmental organizations from every continent who have been working tirelessly for many years to call the world’s attention to an invisible assault on our biosphere. That assault can be ignored no longer. (5gspaceappeal.org)
- The Collaborative on Health and the Environment Working Group on Electromagnetic Fields – a nonprofit dedicated to providing accurate and fact-based summaries and publications of research on the effects of wireless radiation on health and the environment (healthandenvironment.org/environmental-health/environmental-risks/technology-environment/radiation-environment)
- Last Tree Laws – (a coalition of citizens, public officials, labor unions, businesses, nonprofit and advocacy organizations working with the core goal of environmental safety, responsibility, and accountability), and which provides excellent resources on what citizens and local governments can do to protect themselves, including sample ordinance language for local governments and concrete suggestions for actions that can be taken by citizens. (lasttreelaws.com) Blog post on privacy: More Liberty, Less Tech
- Microwave News – an independent publication focusing entirely on reporting on the potential health and environmental impacts of electromagnetic fields and radiation (microwavenews.com)
- Physicians for Safe Technology – (mdsafetech.org)
- Restore Privacy – Mission: to give you all the information and tools you need to restore your online privacy, secure your electronic devices, unblock restricted content, and defeat censorship. (restoreprivacy.com)
- SafeTechInternational.org – A voluntary association of individuals from around the world who have come together in an effort to support, encourage and help grow the safe technology movement and to encourage public participation in envisioning and ensuring a future that respects and protects all life.
- #WeAreNotSam – (wearenotsam.com)
Effects of 5G Wireless Cell Towers and Wireless Radiation on Human Health and Safety
- EMF Safety: emfsafetynetwork.org | Landmark 5G study by New Hampshire legislative Commission recommends reducing wireless exposure
- Environmental Health Trust’s website “20 Facts About 5G And Your Health” (Source: Environmental Health Trust)
- Bioinitiative 2012 – This extensive report authored by international scientists who have published on EMFs calling for the reform of outdated safety standards due to the mounting evidence of health effects from electromagnetic fields (bioinitiative.org)
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety – a blog by Dr. Joel Moskowitz (Director and Principal Investigator, Center for Family and Community Health at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health) on current news and research on electromagnetic fields. (saferemr.com)
- U.S. National Toxicology Program Fact Sheet – “Cellphone Radio Frequency Radiation Studies – PDF” (See its expression of concern about 5G on page 4.)
Effects of 5G Wireless Cell Towers and Wireless Radiation on the Environment
- Research on the impact of cellular radiation on wildlife (Source: Environmental Health Trust)
The Panoply of Microwave Frequencies/Wavelengths in a 4G/5G World (from scientists4wiredtech.com)
- 5G: 600 MHz = waves 20 inches long
- 4G: 700 MHz = waves 17 inches long
- 3G/4G: 800 MHz = waves 15 inches long
View more Frequencies/Wavelengths…
- 3G/4G: 900 MHz = waves 13 inches long
- 3G/4G: 1800 MHz = waves 7 inches long
- 3G/4G: 2100 MHz = waves 6 inches long
- Wi-Fi: 2450 MHz = waves 5 inches long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 3100 MHz to 3550 MHz = waves 3.8 to 3.3 inches long
- 5G: 3550 MHz to 3700 MHz = waves 3.3 to 3.2 inches long
- 5G: 3700 MHz to 4200 MHz = waves 3.2 to 2.8 inches long
- 5G: 4200 to 4900 MHz = waves 2.8 to 2.4 inches long
- Wi-Fi: 5800 MHz = waves 2.0 inches long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 24,250 to 24,450 MHz = waves 0.5 inch long
- 5G: 25,050 to 25,250 MHz = waves 0.5 inch long
- 5G: 25,250 to 27,500 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 27,500 to 29,500 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 31,800 to 33,400 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 37,000 to 40,000 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long
- 5G: 42,000 to 42,500 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long
- 5G: 57,000 to 64,500 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 64,000 to 71,000 MHz = waves 0.2 inch long
- 5G: 71,000 to 76,000 MHz = waves 0.2 inch long
- 5G: 81,000 to 86,000 MHz = waves 0.1 inch long
How to Measure and Monitor Wireless Radiation in your Home
- Resource on apps and devices for measuring EMF and RF radiation (Source: electricsense.com)
- How To Measure Radio Frequency (RF) Radiation In Your Home (Source: electricsense.com)
Biologically-Based RF Microwave Radiation Exposure Guidelines (Source: mystreemychoice.com )
Simple Steps to Reduce Wireless Radiation in Your Home and Life
- 10 Steps to Safer Technology at Home: How To Reduce Exposure To Wireless Radiation
(Source: Environmental Health Trust)
- 10 Tips To Reduce Cell Phone Radiation (Source: Environmental Health Trust)
- How To Reduce EMF Exposure in Schools and Classrooms (Source: Environmental Health Trust)
- Tech Safe Schools
- 47 CFR § 1.1310 – Radiofrequency radiation exposure limits.
- Outdated FCC “Safety” Standards (source: ehtrust.org)
- Victory! Environmental Health Trust wins in our case against the U/S. Federal Communications Commission
In Historic Decision, Federal Court Orders FCC to Explain Why It Ignored Scientific Evidence Showing Harm from Wireless Radiation (ehtrust.org)
- Health Risks Posed by Smartmeters (source: ehtrust.org)
News Articles and Blog Posts About 5G Cell Tower and Wireless Radiation Risks and Awareness
- Hiawatha Bray. “Could Your Cellphone’s Electromagnetic Field Make You Sick?” Boston Globe, January 19, 2019.
- Investigate Europe. “The 5G mass experiment.” January 13, 2019 (Article and video).
- Ronald Melnick, Ph.D. “There’s a clear cell phone-cancer link, but FDA is downplaying it.” The Hill, Nov 13, 2018.
- Mark Hertsgaard and Mark Dowie. “The inconvenient truth about cancer and mobile phones.” The Guardian, July 14, 2018.
Listservs for Staying Updated on Topics Related to EMF/RF Radiation
- The Collaborative on Health and the Environment’s ListServ on Electromagnetic Fields explores the emerging science on the health effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF). To join this group, choose “subscribe to this group” on the Google Groups page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to Environmental Health Trust’s Newsletter to receive updates and environmental tips.
Want to join A National Movement And Start Your Own Citizen Action Group?
- Top Resource: Environmental Health Trust’s Cell Phone and Wireless Political Action Toolkit (Source: Environmental Health Trust)
Other groups that are taking action that ask for your support:
- Broadband… Our Town Our Choice: Washington, DC Lobbying Effort
- International Appeal – Stop 5G on Earth and in Space: An Emergency Appeal to the World’s Governments by Scientists, Doctors, Environmental Organizations and Others
- Scientists for Wired Tech: a member organization that seeks to make effective, lasting changes to federal, state and local laws, regulations and practices that will protect people of all ages, and all living organisms from the hazards of continuous exposures to Radio-Frequency Microwave radiation (RF/MW radiation), which is a manmade, toxic agent that causes systemic biological damages at levels many thousands of times lower than current U.S. RF/MW radiation exposure guidelines.
- Healthy Heavens Trust: The Healthy Heavens Trust Initiative is building an International Brain Trust of legal and other experts to assist the FCC and other U.S. federal agencies in formulating a wise, balanced, and protective framework for the launch and deployment of low orbit non-geostationary satellites.